We may earn money or products from the links or companies mentioned in this post.
What do you do on Sundays? Sundays around our house is a relaxing day. It is a day we spend with family. Let’s guess a majority of parents do not work on Sundays. There are some that do like law enforcement, healthcare or some retail as well. Sunday is the beginning of the week. How you and your family start the week is crucial. Sometimes if you are unorganized, the whole will be and it is hard to get it straightened out.
- Meal planning — Plan the meals out for the week. This can help a great deal in time saving and money saving if you work everyday till 5 or so. Then you don’t have to come home and think what you will make.
- Grocery shopping or any other shopping– If you didn’t go grocery shopping on Saturday then Sunday will have to do. Last thing you want to do when you get off work is go grocery shopping for something you need for supper. This is where meal planning come in handy, if you plan your meals you will buy everything you need all at once.
- Family Time — If you have the opportunity, go and get out of the house with the family. Sunday is one day when the children are not in school. Check out the paper or local event calendars for activities going on.
- Quiet time for yourself — Read a book, or watch a show you need to catch up on.
- Laundry — Make sure all laundry is caught up in the house. This is another thing you don’t want to be doing on a week night when you may need a certain item of clothing.
- Cleaning — Pick up or make sure the house is clean and respectable. This is a great time to get the whole family involved in cleaning. Using a timer is great with kids as well.
Now think about what you do on Sundays and how your week goes. Does your week flow smoothly? Would it change if you did some of these things on Sundays from now on? Is there anything different you do on Sundays that is important to your family?